Tuesday, March 16, 2010

So I awoke to shaking...

and slowly opened my eyes. I was slightly confused, wondering if it was a dream or reality. My typical method of detection is to lay very still and look to see if Janelle is engaging in another of her highly active dream states. She was already out of the bed walking to the living room. In my sleepy state I asked her what she was doing, to which she responded that she was responding to Lewis' barking, assuming he needed to go outside. She returned confused, wondering why Lewis was still just sitting in his beanbag rather than wanting to go outside. I asked if she felt the earthquake, to which she suggested that I was delusional or half sleeping. I was perhaps both.

Yet, upon awaking the internet blogrolls informed me that I was in fact correct.

The rest of my morning has been much more uneventful. But it is a wonderful summer day and I am in the mood for some outdoor landscaping projects. I am sitting on my front step, drinking some refreshing cream soda with Lewis lounging in the shade of my chair, and just thinking of summer.

After the last few weeks of rain, and a couple trips to the mountain snow, it feels like spring has come in fast forward. Summer is here, things are green, and the outdoors is beckoning me to make it beautiful. Something about not having class frees up my time and allows me to dream about all these projects I want to start. I am pretty excited. Here are a few...

1. Brewing beer. I am going to start this project tomorrow and keep you all up to date on its progress. I am pretty excited.

2. Create flower bed. We have this space in front of our living room window that is just dirt. No boarder between it and the lawn. I want to put something there, some colorful flowers perhaps. We shall see.

3. Build a fireplace. This one would be a process but totally awesome. We have the beautiful twin palm trees in our backyard and it would be pretty kickass to go get a bunch of bricks and build a little patio/fireplace like I have always been annoying my dad to build in our yard back home. You can pick up all kinds of cheap bricks on craigslist so we shall see. Something to plan at least, and I sure do like to plan.

4. Remove top and doors from the jeep. I think I will go conquer this one right now. It is beautiful outside and gives me a reason to work on tanning my extremely manly body. Janelle will be very appreciative.

No comments: